The ”Québec -Europe business arbitration, courts and governance” activity took place on October 25. European and Quebec renowned speakers have come together for a unique conference on key topics in the good practice of business law. From the perspective of comparative law, the first conference organized by the International Development Committee of the Bar of Montreal was an event of great quality.
- Welcome address by Xavier Van Overmeire (Dentons)
- Arbitration: recent developments and their practical
- Marc Dal (secretary of the Brussels Bar).
- Professor Babak Barin (University of Sherbrooke).
- Mr. Luc Deshaies (Gowlings) will act as moderator of this panel.
- The role of the “supreme ” courts or equivalent on both sides of the Atlantic
- Mr. Thomas Baudesson (Clifford Chance, Paris Bar ) .
- Catherine Pilon (Dentons).
- Pierre A. Fournier (Brouillette & Partners) will act as the moderator of this panel.
- The concept of good corporate governance
- Michel Nadeau (Director General of the Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations) .
- Sébastien Bettschart (ABELS lawyers, Swiss Bar).
- Moderator: Hugues Langlais (Hugues Langlais Law Firm) will act as the moderator of this panel.
To learn more visit Montreal BAR site.